I was always taught that you had to stand over the risotto pan and stir religiously for half an hour. I love rule-breaking, so I adore the controversial ‘no-stir’ risotto.
Try Bill Granger’s Baked Leek And Goat’s Cheese Risotto + Apple And Celery Salad Recipe below:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 leeks, cut lengthways and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary leaves, plus extra to serve
- 250g arborio rice
- 850ml chicken stock, heated
- 120g soft goat’s cheese, rind removed and chopped
- 50g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Heat a large ovenproof dish over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, butter, onion, leek, garlic and sea salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5–6 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the rosemary and rice and stir over the heat for another minute.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses.
- Cover and bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked al dente.
- Remove the cover and place under a hot grill for 5 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and serve with the apple and celery salad.
Apple and celery salad
- 100g rocket leaves
- 1 celery stick, sliced lengthways and cut into batons
- 1 head yellow chicory, leaves torn
- 1 head purple chicory, leaves torn
- 1 red apple, cored and cut into thin wedges
- handful walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the rocket, celery batons, chicory, apple and walnuts in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Dress with the lemon juice and olive oil and season well with freshly ground black pepper.
This recipe was supplied by Bill Granger from his book ‘Easy’ which is available at Harper Collins to purchase.