Try out Donna Hay’s Roast Tomato, Basil And Haloumi Lasagne Recipe.
- 850g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 3 bunches (800g) English spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 dried wholemeal lasagne sheets
- 100g grated mozzarella
- 200g halloumi, thinly sliced
- basil pesto, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Remove the vines from 600g of the tomatoes and place the loose tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in an 8-cup-capacity (2 litre) baking dish.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes are softened. Place the cooked tomatoes, basil and spinach into a large bowl and toss gently to combine and wilt the spinach.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, cook the lasagne sheets in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 4–5 minutes or until partially cooked. Set aside.
- To assemble, place 2 lasagne sheets in the base of the baking dish.
- Top with one-third of the tomato mixture and one-third of the mozzarella. Repeat twice, finishing with the remaining lasagne sheets.
- Top with the halloumi and remaining tomatoes on the vine.
- Cook for 15–20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Top with pesto to serve.