If you fancy an indulgent breakfast then try this tasty vegan banana and peanut butter pancakes recipe.
Makes 6 pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 150 ml Almond milk
- 3 tbsp vegan pea protein powder
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Sunflower oil
Garnish: maple syrup, banana slices and crushed peanuts
- In a food processor blend one ripe banana, peanut butter, vanilla essence and Almond milk until smooth.
- Mix flour, salt, bicarbonate soda, baking powder and vegan pea protein powder.
- Add the flour mix by the spoonful and mix until smooth.
- You want the dough rather gooey than too liquid. If the dough is too liquid, add some flour. If the dough is too thick, add some more almond milk.
- Heat a pan and grease with sunflower oil. Use 3-4 tablespoons of dough per pancake. Cook each pancake for 1-2 minutes per side. When it starts to rise and build little bubbles, flip the pancake carefully.
- Garnish the pancakes with maple syrup, banana slices and crushed peanuts.
Originally from Germany, Catharina Thuemling has appeared on numerous German cooking shows and now lives in Brisbane with her husband. She is a freelance food photographer, stylist and writer. Follow her Instagram here: @popupgirl_food