Here is a fresh and homely recipe for delicious king prawns in a lovely lemongrass broth by Australian TV host and cooking personality Lyndey Milan.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 litre (2 pints) chicken consomme or clear chicken stock
- 2 stems of lemongrass, sliced into rounds
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1 sprig of mint
- 24 green medium king prawns, peeled and deveined
- Bring stock to the boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, with all the flavouring ingredients, except prawns.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add prawns.
- Poach for 2-3 minutes, or until prawns are just cooked through and opaque.
- Serve immediately in bowls with some of the broth.
Wine: Choose a semillon for a sensational pairing.
This recipe has been extracted from ‘The Best Collection’