Today will mark the tenth annual Global Wellness Day (GWD) celebration. Following last year’s never-before-done and very successful, 24-hour free live broadcast in face of the pandemic, this year’s special day will be celebrated online globally with a 12-hour free Livestream in concert with safe, public events and complimentary educational wellness offerings around the world.
Notables showcasing their work during the livestream include an award-winning nature cinematographer; a biophysicist/former NASA scientist and light sciences expert; an Olympic gold medalist; best-selling authors; nutritionists, spiritual leaders, YouTube wellness stars and more.
“In a world where one in ten people live with a mental health disorder, necessary steps to protect our minds and soul must be taken. Young people are more vulnerable than adults; according to a study, those aged 16 to 24 are the group most likely to report feeling lonely, especially those who are shy and introverted, and COVID-19 has only exacerbated the situation. Never has Global Wellness Day’s message of One Day Can Change Your Whole Life been more meaningful.”Belgin Aksoy, Founder of Global Wellness Day
Now, more than ever do we need the essential tools that help us towards beauty and bliss, health and happiness, peace and patience, love and laughter. And this amazing round-up of speakers includes:
- International actor and screenwriter Said Taghmaoui
- UK’s Youth Mental Health Ambassador within the Department for Education Dr Alex George
- Humanitarian, Spiritual Leader & an Ambassador of Peace His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar who will lead the global meditation session
- Award-Winning Cinematographer, Director and Producer of Moving Art, which airs its third season on Netflix Louie Schwartzberg
- 99-year-old philanthropist, co-Founder of Rancho la Puerta and the “Godmother of Wellness” Deborah Szekely
- Headmaster of Shaolin Temple Europe Master Shi Heng-Yi who has over 9.4 million views just on YouTube
- NYT best-selling author and wellness expert for the mind, body and soul Kimberly Snyder
- Biophysicist and former NASA scientist Fred Maxik
- An international group of artists making anthems for social and environmental change NYADO
- Minister Delegate for Elite Sport in Algeria Salima Souakri
- Three-time gold medalist who has qualified for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo Abdelkarim Fergat
- Polish Accordion Virtuoso Marcin Wyrostek
- Opera Singer Boyd Owen who has performed all over the world
- Irish twins and Vegan Nutritionists who have over 36 million views on YouTube Steve and Dave from The Happy Pear
- Author, Speaker & Holistic Living Mentor Clara Seren Amram
- Celebrity Yogi and Yoga Revealed Founder – Andrew Sealy
- Neuroscientist and Head of the Stress Physiology Lab at Parma University, Italy Dr Andrea Sgoifo
- Chairman and CEO of Global Wellness Institute Susie Ellis
- Global Wellness Day Founder Belgin Aksoy and her son will do a tandem paragliding flight
- World Record Holder Wingsuit BASE Jumper Cengiz Kocak will fly by with his wingsuit right between the two paragliders with a breath-taking performance.
- A number of other wellness professionals will also be showcased during the event on Global Wellness Day’s YouTube Channel and Facebook page.
The 12-hour, free livestream will illustrate the value of being proactive and taking responsibility for your own physical and mental health with 10-minute segments on topics that range from nutrition and exercise to scientific breakthroughs for fighting pathogens; from fortifying mental and spiritual health to building compassionate communities.
Global Wellness Day has grown from being celebrated in one country in 2012 to being celebrated in 160 countries in tens of thousands of locations from New Zealand to Hawaii and receiving the support of famous celebrities and government officials such as world-renowned American presenter and producer, Oprah Winfery; English singer-songwriter Robbie Williams; award-winning English actress Dame Julie Andrews; former Duke and Duchess of Sussex Prince Harry and Meghan Markle; HRH Prince Radu of Romania; President of Cyprus Nicos Anastasiades; the Minister of Youth, Sports and Community of Maldives Ahmed Mahloof among many others. New to the roster of countries this year are Barbados, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Laos, Malaysia, Venezuela and Indonesia.
Belgin’s dream of celebrating a day dedicated to wellness has inspired an international network of over 130 volunteer GWD Ambassadors, Key Supporters and Advisors to help make her dream a reality across the globe. The virtual 12-hour live events organized this year continue to hold three main attributes: educational, non-commercial and complimentary since Aksoy’s motivating belief is that wellness is not a luxury but the inherent right of every individual.
There’s something for everyone and it is all FREE. Check out the programme and make sure you sign up for wellness.