Happy Ali is proud to partner with Global Wellness Day (GWD) this year in what will be its 10th annual event on 12 June.
We’ve teamed up with Belgin Aksoy, the Istanbul-based Founder of GWD, and will be running interviews and videos with many of their global ambassadors prior to the big day including one special recording by Happy Ali’s very own opera singer Boyd Owen.
First, here’s what you can expect on the day itself. This year’s special day will be celebrated online globally with a 12-hour free livestream in concert with safe, public events and complimentary educational wellness offerings around the world. You’ll be able to watch an award-winning nature cinematographer; a biophysicist/former NASA scientist and light sciences expert; an Olympic gold medalist; best-selling authors; nutritionists and spiritual leaders.
The livestream will illustrate the value of being proactive and taking responsibility for your own physical and mental health with ten-minute segments on topics that range from nutrition and exercise to scientific breakthroughs for fighting pathogens; from fortifying mental and spiritual health to building compassionate communities.
“In a world where one in ten people live with a mental health disorder, necessary steps to protect our minds and soul must be taken,” explains Belgin Aksoy. “Young people are more vulnerable than adults; according to a study, those aged 16 to 24 are the group most likely to report feeling lonely, especially those who are shy and introverted, and COVID-19 has only exacerbated the situation.”
Never has Global Wellness Day’s message of One Day Can Change Your Whole Life been more meaningfulBelgin Aksoy, the Istanbul-based Founder of GWD
Joining the GWD 2021 Livestream event is actor and screenwriter Said Taghmaoui, UK’s Youth Mental Health Ambassador within the Department for Education Dr. Alex George, Spiritual Leader His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar who will lead the global meditation session, award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg, and 99-year-old philanthropist Deborah Szekely to name just a few.
Belgin and her son will even do a tandem paragliding flight; and World Record Holder Wingsuit BASE Jumper Cengiz Kocak will flyby with his wingsuit right between the two paragliders in what will no doubt be a breath-taking performance. A number of other wellness professionals will also be showcased during the event on Global Wellness Day’s YouTube Channel and Facebook Page.
Global Wellness Day has grown from being celebrated in one country in 2012 to being celebrated in 170 countries in tens of thousands of locations from New Zealand to Hawaii and has garnered the support of Oprah Winfery, Robbie Williams, Dame Julie Andrews and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
New to the roster of countries this year are Barbados, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Laos, Malaysia, Venezuela and Indonesia. Along with Happy Ali, the international brands supporting Global Wellness Day include Vacayou – a wellness travel company, the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group and Accor Hotels.
“I am a strong advocate of the understanding that, living well is the simple necessity for every human being on the planet and that wellness is not a luxury but the inherent right of every individual,” says Aksoy, a cancer survivor. “I believe the pandemic has proven this to us all. Wellness is multidimensional; physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social and environmental.
“Our goal is for Global Wellness Day to help support individuals and societies to maintain a better lifestyle amidst these unpresented times. The past year has given us the opportunity to take a step back and really think about life and how we want to live it.”
Below are some of the events being planned:
- Barbados –A socially distant celebration will take place with a nature walk and continue with an hour of yoga, healthy food cooking demonstrations and free chair massages and a fun family dance exercise.
- Brazil – There will be healthy cooking classes, building organic vegetable gardens, seminar on recycling, bottle collection, and visiting the Solidarity Bazaar to donate essential items to those affected by the pandemic.
- Canada – Lululemon, Eastwood Cycle, Club Row Fitness along with Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, Toronto and Whistler and many more will be organizing GWD celebrations in Canada including a virtual “Healing Yoga” session for employees and clients.
- France – Activities such as live face yoga, meditation, cardio workouts, sleep and nutrition seminars will take place through an online celebration event.
- India – In spite of the devastating impact of COVID on the country, online GWD celebrations with wellness experts and guest speakers featuring topics such as breathing workshops, sleep optimization programs, health & nutrition workshops.
- Italy – Davines Group with its brands [comfort zone] and Davines are organizing a very special activity for children on Global Wellness Day, June 12th with Prof. Susanna Esposito, Professor of Pediatrics and Director of the Pediatric Clinic Pietro Barilla Children’s Hospital in Parma.
- Japan – There will be a 30-Day Morning Yoga Challenge, Wellness to Go, Pass the Paddle Challenge with 100 GWD Supporters.
- New Zealand – GWD New Zealand has prepared sunset yoga, partner acro yoga, house dance competition, group fitness classes, Zumba, functional fitness, Bootcamp, BoxHITT, online dancing classes, aqua exercises and guided nature walks.
- United States –Kerstin Florian will be hosting hourly Guided Breathing Rituals. The towns of Bozeman and Whitefish – at opposite ends of the state of Montana – will use their network of farmers and foodbanks will hold an event entitled “Healthy Foods Nourish Community”.
- Vietnam – June 12th activities include Tai Chi, yoga, beach clean-ups, dances, 30-minute nature walks, healthy cooking workshops, Zumba and much more are planned to take place at schools, open area parks, and partner venues.